|Home||Projects||Cybot||ScrapBots||Part Salvage||Site Map||Links|
Welcome to the CyBENCH Project Pages - 4bit RF remote
Part 2 - Opening and stripping the main alarm unit
1. Remove the two screws that hold the case together (Accessed from the rear of the unit)
2. Split the case and open it.
3. Cut the wires, at the pcb, connecting the sounder to the pcb.
4. Cut the black wire that connects the pcb to the mounting nut in the rear shell
5. DO NOT CUT THE BLUE WIRE
6. Now, begin to strip off the unwanted components, keep them safe though.
Note: all solid wire links have been left in place.
You can simply heat the solder pads and pull the component out with a small pair of pliers
(power connections are shown on IC4 pins 4 and 8, explained later)
Follow the above pictures very carefully.
If you did the job right, you'll have this:
NOTE: T4 has been left in place for later use.